Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Opening Night/NBA

I understand its been a while since the last post so I'll try to make it short and sweet and get everything in.

The Pats and Colts held up their ends of the bargain and now we'll have this year's Game of the Century. Boston people don't deserve another championship but I want the Pats to win. But only if I could guarantee they'll win every game and lost in the playoffs.

I admit I was wrong about Cal beating ASU on Saturday and we get another great matchup in the pac-10, Oregon against ASU to decide the conference championship. I don't know how he keeps doing it but Dennis Erickson just keeps winning wherever he goes. If you haven't read this check out what Ducks' coach Nick Belotti's wife and Nanny had to say to a writer that chastised his son for getting two DUIs...http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/25670

So forgive me I didn't get to watch a lot of NFL games this Sunday but thanks to my man Willie B who has the NFL Ticket, I got to watch my team the Eagles defeat the Vikings. Donovan McNabb made a couple throws that made me remember the good old days. I hope the rumors of the Eagles trading him aren't true.

I also got to watch the Lions beat the Bears for the second time this season. As dominant as they were supposed to be the Bears just don't have the defense to support the offense anymore. The loss of Tank Johnson to keep people of Urlacher hurts more than they want to say. Adam Archuleta is overrated and always has been, and the loss of Mike Brown leaves this team without one of its best playmakers. I'm not sure though if I believe in the Lions yet. Are they really that much better or are they just getting lucky?

What's wrong with the Bucs? They had many chances to win the game against the Jags but Garcia missed a lot of throws. And he needs to start sliding. You can only motivate your team so much and if he keeps getting knocked around he'll get hurt and the Bucs will be screwed. 4-4 is better than I thought they would be at this point but they could really be 6-2. The last two weeks haven't been good for them. They are still in good shape if they can beat Arizona and come out of the bye week to beat Atlanta.

As for the World Series, the Rockies never had a chance. The layoff killed their momentum and the Red Sawx were the better team.

Now for the day I've been waiting for. I love hoops season and while most people have lost faith in the NBA I still love watching the best athletes on the planet do what they do. Tonight's slate only has three games but they are: Spurs/Blazers, Rockets/Lakers, and Jazz/Warriors. I will be camped in front of my tv tonight to watch them.

No comments: