Thursday, October 11, 2007

FSU v Wake

"I always turn to the sports section first. The sports page records people's accomplishments; the front page has nothing but man's failures. "
-Earl Warren (former governor of California and Supreme Court Justice)



So its game day today and the hardest part is sitting through work waiting the whole time. We owe Wake Forest some revenge for last year's embarrassment. I actually hate calling it revenge because we're supposed to win and I don't know why losing one year would make someone want to play harder.

I remember it like yesterday. I had gone up to Tampa to hang with Josh to watch the game. We decided to go to BW's in Brandon to watch the game only to leave before the third quarter even started. That's all I'm going to say about that cuz it makes me want to vomit.

Anyway, glad to see John Schuerholz step down from GM of the Braves. Thank you for 14 years of misery and having to listen to Steve and Courtney all the time. Let's hope his leaving continues the Braves decline.

The more I learn about the Reggie Bush saga the more I wonder who is telling the truth. The people who reportedly gave him the money are now talking even though he settled out of court with one of them. Now El Presidente is saying he is being extorted. I'm really confused in all this but even if it does come down that he took some loot they can't do much to him. All the coaches have to do is play dumb and let Reggie go down on his own. They can't take away the championhsip (the BCS controls this not the NCAA) and they can't take away the Heisman (the Downtown Athletic Club controls this one). Let's just hope this shakes out in a Marion Jones type truth telling and not a Barry Bonds finger pointing type way.

Can someone tell me why Joe Paterno is telling people how to drive? He's the 80 year old with the plexi glass thick glasses. Stick to keeping your boys out of the police blotter Joe like Bobb...(spoke to soon, A.J. Nicholson just got arrested again).

Lastly, let's hope FSU can get the W tonight so I can go into work tomorrow and let my boss Jeff hear it.

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score? ~Vince Lombardi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nate! I love this new blog you've got. It entertains me while I'm bored out of my mind in tax class... I hope I'll be seeing you tonight to watch the game on the big screen!