Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Earhole 'Em

I wrote about Manny Ramirez's home run last night and after seeing the highlights earlier today I wonder what is going to happen in Game 5?

Manny posed and admired his handywork in a game his team was losing by four runs. He also starred for the Indians prior to joining Sawx.

If I had the choice, C.C. Sabathia is going to come to the mound and stick one right in his ribs. While I'm notorious for wanting to plunk players I don't like (Albert Pujols) or players I think used steroids (Travis Hafner), Manny earned this plunking on his own.

By watching the ball, showing up the pitcher and basically sticking it to all of his former fans, Manny might need to come to the plate in Barry Bonds type body armor. I'm going to need someone to update me tomorrow on how it goes down but I look forward to reading Manny's name next to HBP in the box score on Friday.

I forgot earlier to mention my second favorite high school football team. My oldest brother Nejay coaches at Jackson High School in Jacksonville. They're 4-3 this year and 1-1 in the district with a game against Live Oak Suwannee this Friday. They still have a shot to make the playoffs but they may be a year away.

I should have said this earlier in the week but Venice High alum and current University of Tampa volleyball player Margeau Sinibaldi was featured in Sports Illustrated's Faces in the Crowd section for setting her school and conference record in digs. Congratulations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mike & Mike were talking this morning about Manny's comment after the game last night - that it's not the end of the world if they don't win the series. I was amazed at the fans' reactions. There was an absolute outrage that Manny would make such comments when they pay "good money" to go see Manny play. I wondered what your thoughts were on the subject.

Personally, I think it's nice to see an athlete who has some perspective. Quite frankly, it's NOT the end of the world if they lose. There are much more serious issues in the world than the Red Sawx winning or losing this series. I could understand some anger about the statements if they were coming from someone who had given a lackluster performance, and fans were already questioning his commitment and/or ability (aka Rex Grossman). But this is Manny. Manny who was the MVP of the World Series. Manny who has been consistently hitting homeruns, making plays defensively, who has been contributing to his team's success thus far. Bottom line: it's not the end of the world. And the fact that Manny voiced his opinion, is not the end of the world either.

SK said...

Nate, Nate, Nate. Are you serious? Earhole Manny? The tribe are playing the best team in the A.L. with the best pitching staff and the Sawx are absolutely dead right now. You realize by dotting Manny that entire team/city wakes up and starts going crazy with games 6 & 7 in Boston? I haven't even mentioned that they have arguably the only big game pitcher left in Beckett throwing one of those games. You really think waking them up is a good idea. I must disagree. You can always settle the score later because like Manny said, "It's no big deal, there's always next year".

Nate said...

Touche SK