Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Poinsettia Bowl - Utah vs Cal

So I was way off in my prediction from last night's Las Vegas Bowl. BYU led from start to finish and rendered the Rodgers brothers useless. Either way the picks continue.

Cal is favored by three in this game but I'm never sure which Cal team will show up. Since stud RB Jahvid Best went down with a concussion earlier in the season, the Golden Bears have not been dominant. In fact, I hardly know anyone else on this team outside of Best.

Utah has fallen off from their undefeated season of 2008. I have seen them play twice this season, both losses to BYU in OT and to TCU in a blowout.

I'm taking Utah to cover the three points and to win because with Best not playing, I don't see any explosion coming from Cal offense.

Tomorrow: SMU vs Nevada (-12.5) in the Hawaii Bowl

No comments: