Thursday, December 24, 2009

Hawaii Bowl - SMU vs Nevada

Utah made me look good in the Poinsettia Bowl. After starting slow and falling behind by two touchdowns, the Utes reeled off 27 straight points en route to a 37-27 victory over Cal. I was right on both accounts, picking against the spread and picking the winner.

Tonight I take on the Hawaii Bowl, with June Jones coming back and leading SMU against Nevada. The hard part in picking the early bowl games is that I haven't seen a lot of these teams play. I only saw Nevada get whacked by Boise State and haven't seen SMU at all. I do know that SMU stud QB Bo Levi Mitchell (great Texas name by the way) is a game-time decision on whether he will play. I also know that Nevada is the first team in FBS history to have three 1,000 yard rushers in the same season.

However, I feel like the 12.5 spread is too large. Nevada will be able to run the ball on the Mustangs and win, but now by more than 12 points.

Next I'll pick all of the December 26th games.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Who you got tonight? Texas A&M v. UGA (-6.5). I love A&M's offense (#1 in the Big 12) but they can't stop anyone on D. UGA is the same. I expect a high scoring game. UGA has also fired 3 defensive assistants and Richt is sitting in on the defensive meetings developing a gameplan. I'll take Georgia to cover, but if they overlook A&M, they may be in some trouble.